Laura McIntosh confesses her "Sweet Little Obsession"! Read her blog about the benefits of honey. | Food and Drink
What’s your obsession? You know what I’m talking about… that one thing you simply cannot get enough of. What’s your obsession?(Comments are now allowed below!) “The I can’t live without _______.” Shoes, chocolate, The Hunger Games…. Mine for the moment is honey. There! It’s out. Honey. Wherever I go, whenever I travel, I always bring home some local honey. I literally have a whole shelf of it! Australia, Germany, Thailand, Italy, Napa. If I’ve been there, I’ve brought some back. It NEVER gets old and is not only a sweet treat but sweet memories.
We have the bees to thank for food. Albert Einstein said that without bees we would be extinct in 3 years. If properly stored, honey does not expire! Sealed honey vats were found in King Tut’s tomb and is edible despite being buried by sand for over 2,000 years. Cave paintings have even been discovered of a man robbing a bee’s hive!
See the link to get the recipe for Chef Bill Corbett's Bourbon Balls.
Upcoming Events near Lodi / Galt / Linden
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Reward for 4th suspect in Stockton bank robbery, shootout upped to $50k
- Change of venue request likely in case of Stockton shootout suspect
- Former gang member: There is hope for members who want out
- Asparagus Festival to return with new promoters, new location
- Employee from targeted Stockton bank recalls January robbery and car theft