Massive winery expansion brings 400 jobs to Lodi area | News
STOCKTON, CA - Business is obviously very good for the company that makes Sutter Home Wines.
Tinchero Family Estates is planning a $300 million expansion at it's facility northwest of Lodi, a move that will bring on another 400 employees.
Trinchero became a major player in the wine world when it created a white zinfandel in 1972.
"That became an instant hit. [Bob Trinchero] says it took him 50 years to become an overnight success," spokesman Jim Huntsinger said.
Huntsinger also said the company's success is also traced to producing quality wines at affordable prices.
"As Bob calls it, they make a $10 bottle of wine and charge $5," Huntsinger said.
The expansion of the facility near Lodi is supposed to take about four years to complete.
Trinchero Family Estates markets about 30 different wines and ships nearly 20 million cases of wine in a year.
By Tim Daly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events near Lodi / Galt / Linden
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Delta’s 100th Anniversary time capsule has been cleared for its voyage through time and space!
- Stockton Homeless Clothing Drive at Delta College
- Hundreds of Opportunities at Sacramento’s last 2013 Job Fair!
- The SJDC Jazz Festival presents the group Espacio, with celebrated saxophonist Eric Marienthal
- Celebrate "Navidad en Mexico" at Delta College's Atherton Auditorium on Dec.5 8pm